Directions to Doolhof
Longitude 22.214.171.124 Latitude 126.96.36.199
- From Cape Town, take the N1 towards Paarl.
- Take the R44 marked Stellenbosch, Wellington (Exit 5) and turn left towards Wellington.
- Drive until you reach the outskirts of the town of Wellington (approx 23 kms); en route crossing the four-way stop and two sets of traffic lights until you reach the third set of traffic lights. Turn left into Piet Retief.
- After a few hundred metres you will reach more traffic lights with a large white church on the left (the Moeder Kerk). Turn right into Church Street.
- Continue on through Wellington towards the mountains (Bains Kloof). As you leave the town, the road climbs and bends to the right. You will see Bovlei Winery, a large cream building, on your right.
- Immediately after this, on your left, you will reach a sign marked Hill Road. Take this and then turn immediately right (you should see the first of the Doolhof Wine Estate signs on the corner here).
- You will reach a T-junction. Turn right again. The road soon becomes a gravel road. Keep straight on to the end (approx 4 kms) and you will eventually come to double gates with the Doolhof “D”.
- Proceed through the gates and follow the necessary directions from there.